Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Trying To Get It Done

Today has been a pretty tough day for me all around. I have been trying to get my apartment ready for my move out inspection and purchased some products to clean the place up some. I got this carpet spot remover to get the tough stains out of it and it works well, but cleaning the walls has proved more difficult. I had tried 3 different cleaners to get the tobacco stains off the walls to no avail. So I went to Home Depot and talked to their paint department, they suggested a product called TSP, and while it is been backbreaking work it is working better.

The fact that I haven't been able to get Stephanie off my mind all day today hasn't made things easier. Normally, moving is filled with a bit of sadness and excitement of your new home or the anticipation of returning home. But, unfortunately neither of these is the case. I hate this move as it will be the last home I will have for a while, it also is a constant reminder that when I leave here, I am on my way to leave to leave the one place I truly called home. I am sure things will be much worse once I move out of Stephanie and I's place. The almost pure finality of things will really set in deep then, and there will be no denying the truth. That move will be the worst of all, and I am already starting to dread it, even though I know I can't avoid it. Even if she just put my stuff in a storage unit for me to pick up, it will be pure hell.

I got a call back from the bank on that idea of taking a loan against my homeowners account today. Unfortunately I don't have a high enough of a balance to qualify to be able to take a loan against it. You have to have a balance of $20,000 before you qualify and I don't have near that much. It is something I never considered when I opened the account as I only need $5,000 for my VA benefits. Ohh well, was worth a try anyway.

Well now that I have finished scrubbing my walls and spot cleaning the carpeting, I think I will make something to eat, relax a little then go out to the bar.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: