Tuesday, August 02, 2005

One Step Forward

Well today I got a few things accomplished, which is nice for a change. I got most of my paperwork for Crete Carriers completed and will have the paperwork for USX done tonight. I am still not sure which company I will go with yet, it kind of depends on things between Stephanie and I. So I will just have to see how that goes.

One thing that has been bugging me is that I still had not received my certification and card from the Highway Watch program that I attended while I was in school. Everyone else in my class had received theirs already, so I called them up and there are not sure what happened either but they are mailing it out and I should have that within a week or so.

The next thing on my list to get done was to obtain the police report or the accident report from my accident back in 2002. I called the California DMV records division but my report was not there, I never filed the accident with the DMV as my Insurance company stated they would do it on my behalf, but apparently never did. But I did track down the police department and will make a trip to them while I am in Cali to get the police report.

So things are coming along. I picked up some packing supplies and cleaning stuff to start getting my apartment ready for my move out inspection next week, and to start packing things that I don't need or will use between now and my move out date. The biggest thing I need to do is to fix a small section of carpeting that has a cigarette burn on it. I will just cut out the section and replace it with a spare piece that I have. Beyond that it is just some standard cleaning, spots on the carpet, washing the walls, etc. I will just pay the $15 fee to have the nail holes fixed and match painted. Maybe I can get my security deposit back. One of my readers, Mark J., had suggested that I try and get a loan from my homeowners account, and that is a good idea. I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can do that. Thanks for the idea Mark!

One other thing I want to do is to rent a CD burner and burn some of my music from my PC onto CD's for my road trip to Cali, so that will be something else I will be looking into tomorrow.

No comments: