Monday, August 15, 2005

Long Road, Final Stretch

Yes, I know, no posts since Thursday. It has been a frustrating and difficult few days for me. So much to do still, and time is running out fast if I want to keep on schedule.

On Saturday I got my trailer hitch installed as it came in a littler earlier than U-Haul expected it to. I also had to move a few things around in my schueldule to accommodate some friends that wanted to get together before I left. I moved my car servicing to Tuesday and was able to arrange to get my trailer pick-up moved up to Tuesday as well. I decided that I might want the extra time to load things up so I can leave on Wednesday as planned and still be well rested. Worse case, I will leave on Thursday, but I should still be able to make it to Cali by the 22nd.

Stephanie informed me that she might not even be there on the 22nd as planned, so that could really screw up my plans with starting my job that following week if I choose US Express, but I will make it work. No choice really, as she changed the locks so my key won't work. Apparently, the one doors starting eating keys a while ago and they had to be replaced (news to be, but I rarely got told anything anyway), at least that is what I am told. Really makes no difference to me, as I would like to see her at least one last time before we part ways.

Yea, I said part ways, the hope that we would work things out is dieing quickly with every conversation with her. I guess you can only hear the words, "It is over", so many times before you have no choice but to accept it. She has made up her mind, and nothing I say will make any difference at this point. I just hope it is worth it.

Over the weekend, Eight of my friends took me out to the bar for a farewell party, and on Saturday when we all woke up we had a big BBQ and went to the fair that was in town. While it was nice to get out and do something, the majority of the time I found myself thinking of Steph. She hates social gatherings, almost to the point of being Xenophobic, or Sociophobic, but I still miss her company. Guess I better get used to it.

Today I will be calling all the utilities up and setting the disconnect dates for everything, and work on getting things packed. I am nearly done with the kitchen and will have it finished by tonight.

Well I better get cracking!

No comments: