Monday, August 01, 2005

Delays, And More Delays

Last night I was forced to shut down the comments section of the blog due to spam from one of my blog viewers, I am sure you can guess who. I received 20 email notification this morning. Apparently, when this poster can't cause the "ghetto drama" they want, they resort to name calling and vulgarities. I have requested that Blogger ban this posters IP address as a TOS violation, but that is up to them, their user ban feature doesn't seem to work quite right. So until Blogger informs me what action they want me to take and what they want to do, I will keep the comment section turned off. You can still send me email if you like, I am just not going to waste time dealing with children posting garbage. You the viewer should not have to deal with sifting through 20, 1 word, four letter word comment posts, and I have better things to do than spend 15 minutes a day deleting it. Hopefully blogger will improve their user ban feature soon and I will be able to turn the feature back on. I will put up a email link in the sidebar and will post any relevant post comments at the end of the posts for anyone that wants to add their comments until this problem is fixed, please be sure to list what post your commenting on to make it easier for me to match your comments to the post your are commenting on.

Stephanie and I had a nice talk last night and got a few things straightened out and addressed. We now at least understand where the other is coming from and have an understanding of how we need to communicate better in the future. That is always a good thing, as we both got a little out of line with each other and that is really not going to help anything, now or in the future, whatever that may entail. I will be more carefully in my posting of certain things in the future instead of letting my emotions control my posts. While I do try to reveal as much of what goes on in my little adventure of life, there are many things that I and Stephanie as well, do and will keep private.

I contacted US Express today and talked with a new recruiter that a friend of mine from driving school recommend I speak with as I wasn't getting anything accomplished with my original recruiter. The biggest obstacle with them is that they only run solo's 11 state regional for the western region, and I am not sure I want to do that. I really want to run 48 states. On top of that with my moving and all I will be forced to postpone most of the job front things till the end of the month when my moving is completed.

The one good thing about the 11 state regional is that it would keep me close to the west coast. At least that way if Stephanie and I do get things situated and want to work things out, I would be close enough to do that. I will have to talk with her on it and get her point of view, but I have a little time before I have to make a decision. I will be calling Crete Carriers today as well and see what is the deal with them now that I have applied for my hazmat endorsement. Crete also pays a little better than USX, but I will have to talk to them and see what I can run and so forth.

As far as moving goes, well that is an interesting topic. I am too thrilled at the prospects of shipping everything to Cali like I had planned. Too many things that can go wrong. so instead I am seriously considering having a tow hitch attached to my car and then just renting a tow-able trailer from Uhaul and doing it that way. This plan has the potential to save me an additional $300. I don't really like the idea of mounting a tow hitch to my Eclipse, but if I do it this way I won't have to leave anything behind other than my plants and my indoor tree. Additionally I won't have to worry about things getting lost in shipping or damaged. I would beat the life out of the UPS driver if my very expensive coffee table were to get damaged, and my dad can have my old bar stools for at work. so it seems like it would work better for all this way.

I really kind of screwed myself over with the homeowners savings account that I was going to use to buy a house this year, as I can't touch the money in it unless it is for the purchase of a house. That money would really come in handy right about now, but such is life. This is just another delay that will pay for itself in the future.

Always a waiting game, you hurry up to do something, then inevitably have to wait.

No comments: