Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Life As Usual

Well today I can't really say I got much accomplished. I got my suitcase that I will live out of packed with the exception of what I use daily, and I got all my other clothes packed into a box. It is amazing just how many clothes I actually have, as just last month or so I was thinking to myself how I needed to buy some clothes.

I was also able to drag myself to get a haircut that I needed. They didn't do a very good job in my opinion. I asked for a short and tight square flat-top like I used to get in the military. But, as what usually happens, it is too rounded out on top for my liking. I have the hardest time getting a good haircut. I was hopeing that a clean haircut would make me feel a little bit better. But this one definitely did not produce the desired effect on my psyche. I thought about dyeing my hair black, just for a change. It was something Stephanie wanted to do, she thought it would be a good look for me, but somehow it just wouldn't be the same so I didn't get it done.

The other thing I did was make an appointment for Monday to get my car serviced in preparation for my 2,680 mile road trip. I can't afford the service that I would really like to get done so I am just settling for an oil change, wheel rotation, and 147 point inspection. At least that should point out any major or potential problems that I may have to contend with, and if it is something major, hopefully I can get it fixed or addressed before I leave. My car runs great, but I will be pushing it pretty hard on this trip with the tight time line and pulling a trailer that is 80% of its pulling capacity. I thought about having the transmission fluid changed as well but they want almost $200 to do it. I am going to call a few other service centers in the sounding area and see if I can get a better price on that service item. I would normally do it myself but I have limited tools, space and time.

The other thing I need to do tomorrow is call back the carpet repair place and make sure they can fit me in this week as I didn't get a call back from them today. In addition I need to buy some bubble wrap to protect my glassware and furniture as next week I will start taking all that apart and get it ready for the move.

No comments: