Thursday, August 11, 2005

Change Is Not Always A Bad Thing

Today I had a few unexpected changes. First was with my new cell phone and it wasn't good. I decided to try out the "games" that I though came with my phone only to find out that it didn't come with any, I have to download them. Ok, no problemo, right? Wrong. No matter what game I want to have on my phone, from a impressive list I will agree, they all cost about $5-$7 each and most do not have a free demo either. I think that is pretty crappy. One of the other applications I thought would be really helpful would be weather on my cell phone. The description states that it will give me the weather "on the go", but that is not exactly true, I would have to type in exactly where I am at anytime I wanted a weather report from my phone. You would think that with all the GPS capabilities that is built into this phone that they would have weather software that would retrieve that info and give me the weather for the area provided by the GPS. But no such luck. I will send Verizon an email asking about something like that in the future.

The one other thing that drives me nuts about my new phone, and I wish a store had one for me to look at before I bought this one, is that the address book makes a new entry for every number you enter in it, even if it is a second number for 1 person. Some people I know have 3 phone number (Home, work, cell) and email address, plus text message email. That makes 5 entries in my phone book. Ridiculous. On top of all this, is the fact that the batter life of my phone really seems to suck! So I will have to start considering getting the extended battery for it, another $40! Maybe I can bitch to Verizon about it and get it for free or for a reduced price, cause it defiantly is not living up to the touted battery life.

The other change was with my trailer hitch install, Uhaul called today to say they got it in earlier than expected and can install it tomorrow at 11:00am. Sweet. And the carpeting repair guy came today and fixed up the carpeting, YEA!! It looks much better and he even touched up my repair job some and that looks allot better as well. I will call the apartment manager and make my pre-move inspection appointment for Saturday and get that out of the way.

No comments: