Friday, April 29, 2005

On Your Marks.............................

Well I am finally back at my apartment in WI. Thankfully this flight was uneventful, long but uneventful. I also noticed something during my flight on Wensday into Thursday, the new airlines are actually on the right page as far as customer comfort. I have noticed over the past 2 years when flying that leg room was nearly totally gone. Giving the term "cattle car" alarming reality. I just accepted that this was the way things would be going forward. My flight out to CA was this way when flying "Frontier Airlines" (no idea who they replaced), however on my return flight flying "America West" the story was entirely different. I had LOTS of leg room, let me say that again LOTS of leg room! As in a full 8" of leg room, and this was in the areas that you usually have your knees touching the back of the seat in front of you. While they still don't offer free in flight meals (unless you pay that $600+ premium for first class) this made my trip much more enjoyable.

While it is sort of nice being back, one thing I always hate about taking a vacation is all the catch up work when I get back. Getting caught up on my mail alone took over an hour and I really don't get much in the way of mail. I guess everything has its price, and it was definitely worth it.

Yesterday I finalized all the paperwork and followed up on everything that has been in the works. Financial Aid, Veteran's Retraining Grant, and my School Stuff. So nothing left to do but go to school starting on Monday. YEA!!! I am kind of nervous as I haven't been in a school environment since my days in the military. Monday I get my books, and have to go take my Physical for my DOT Medical Card. Ohhh joy. LOL. Books and the medical exam will cost me about $185 total which is going to be damaging to my budget, but there is nothing more I can do. I am committed to this course, and I will just have to find a way to pay of it all. I don't really quite understand how to use, or if I have any say in how I use, my financial aid money. My GI Bill money doesn't come till the end of next month, so no really help for this month there, and I have no idea when I will get word on the Retraining Grant money or how much that might be.

My class schedule runs Monday - Friday.
Monday and Tuesday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Wensday 7:30am - 4:30pm, 5:00pm-8:00pm (night driving)
Thursday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 7:30am - 2:00pm

So I am getting myself geared up for that. The school is only about an hour drive away so the commute won't be too bad. So this weekend is really going to be more R&R than anything else.

No comments: