Friday, April 08, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Well I tried to make a post yesterday, but the Blogger service decided that I really didn't need to make a post and just ate it much to my enjoyment. For those of you that have ever used a blog before will know, re-creating a post is like recreating a work of art. Like asking Michael Angelo to paint 2 identical Sistine Chapels. Once created it can not be replicated. All the purity, and flow of orginality is lost when you try to duplicate it. So I have to take extra steps now when I make a post to ensure I don't lose it.

Yesterday was an enjoyable day, spending time with my "wife". It amazes me just how all the little things about a person we forget when were not arround as much, and how those things are simply not retained in our memories of that person.

We are still trying to work things out, and I think we will be able to. We will just have to try and start over somewhat and see how things go. I hope we can, some day, get back to where we were just a few months ago but without all the problems. Most of which I am to blame for. We are considering counseling, even though a while back I was the one who turned down that notion, I now find myself being the one advocating for it. At this point, I will do whatever it takes to repair our relationship.

I was enjoing the time yesterday with my "wife" that I totaly forgot to call Steven's Transport back. So I called today, and even though I still have 13 weeks or so before I will ahve my CDL they are VERY interested. I attribute this to the school I am going to. When I talked to the recruiter, she was under the impression that I was going to a 3 week "CDL Mill" (a CDL MILL is basically a school that teaches you nothing other than the very most basic skills, but is not long enough for you to actually hone those skills. CDL MILL's are very common because they are cheap for students, however they do not actually teach a new driver how to drive, they just teach enough to get a person to pass the CDL test to get their license.) and not a fully certified training course. Once she heard that the course was 10 weeks and 423 hours, she was insistant that I keep her name and number, and that I call 3 weeks from completion.

I also called VA yesterday and they confirmed what I already presumed. I have to wait on Fox Valley Tech's Financial Aid Office to process my paperwork. So I will call them on Monday to get a status update from them and see if I can rush the processes.

Today was pretty un-eventful. I rained most of the day today, so I just enjoyed the time with the "wife". Tomorrow I will go down and see and visit my folks. I look forward to spending some time with my dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It amazes me just how all the little things about a person we forget when were not arround as much, and how those things are simply not retained in our memories of that person."

Silly man. I find it amusing that you seem to forget so easily what a pain in the ass I am :-P

I also find it amusing you "enjoyed spending time with the wife today" considering I slept all day since I had to work tonight ;-)