Monday, April 04, 2005

Run, Run, Run Faster........

Whew......... today was allot of running around trying to get things done. Got the taxes taken care of, with the damage of $300, but at least it is done now. Next was to get registered with the WI VA office. Well, I couldn't get that totally done because they need some more paperwork, and of course they have to have the originals or certified copies of the originals which are back in CA. So I will fed-ex that paperwork to them this week while I am in CA.

And of course if one things goes wrong there are always other things that go wrong. I took the paperwork for the "Retraining Grant" to Fox Valley Tech, but I could only get part of it done as my financial aid is still not ready. So I will have to make some calls this week while in CA to find out if that info is really needed or if I can just skip it. (We all know that "Murphy" is not going to let that happen, if it can go wrong ......... well you know the rest.) So it will be a waiting game with the college. But as there is nothing I can do about it, I will just have to roll with the punches and try to make it work out somehow. I have a feeling that my car payment is going to be late this month with all the extra expenses ( like the $200+ more to file my taxes than I had planned for). I will just have to call them and let them know. Not much I can do about it.

One thing that really pissed me off today was when I called VA services. The whole reason VA services exists is to help veterans, answer questions, and provide information and support. In the past when I have called the VA I have always been treated with respect, but today was a different story. Today when I called to check that they received the paperwork I faxed them this morning, my call was answered by "PAM". She was the most rude and obnoxious woman that I have had the "pleasure" of dealing with from the VA. She was rude, arrogant, insulting, and basically refused to help or provide any information based on my request.

Now maybe I am getting on the high horse a bit here, but I served my country and with distinction. Not behind a desk, in the trenches, getting shot at. I expect to treated, by VA at least, with respect. I feel I have earned that much. I am not talking like they have to treat me like I walk on water, but just common decency. This PAM person (she doesn't deserve to be called a lady, woman, or anything else that civilized), had I been there in person, would have received on hell of a talking to from me. I called back, after she hung up on me (I didn't even have an opportunity to tell her off) talked to a different lady there, who was able to answer my questions, and transfered me to her supervisors voice mail so I could lodge a complaint, as he was not in the office. I left a message describing my complaint and promised to call again tomorrow to speak with him regarding Pam's abusive conduct. I hope it gets her fired. No one that has served their country, no matter what roll they have played, deserved that kind of treatment. And I will make damn sure that something is done about it.

Other than these few items that still need to be ironed out, there really is really not much I can do other than wait and hope things all work out. Now I just have to get packed for my 2 weeks in Cali. I am really excited about the trip. Yea, I know. Sounds silly to be getting excited over it, but I am. Like a kid in a candy store with $2.00 burning a hole in his pocket. You would think with the amount of travel I have done in my life, one trip would be no different than any other, and usually this is the case, but not this trip for some reason. Heather (my roommate) is not all that thrilled, but she will get over it. Don't really care actually. Sad, but true. Time marches on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would Heather care if you visit your wife and family for a few weeks? Between that, and Stephanie not being happy, I suspect there is more to this than you're saying.

When you talked about the kid being sick and Heather getting up to take care of it, you made it seem like you were both in the same room and were sharing familial responsibilities when the kid got sick.

What's the deal dude? Are you and Heather playing happy families or what?

No wonder it seems Stephanie isn't happy.

BTW... did you know Jesse James was killed on April 3rd, the date you mentioned him in your Blog? Ironic if you didn't.

Maveric said...

Jesse's Girl, You are correct. There is more to the whole situation. Heather and I did have a relationship at one point in time, but no we are not playing "happy families". However I do fill the roll of Uncle in Heathers childs life.

Ohh, and no I didn't know that Jessie James was killed on April 3rd!!! That is wierd and freaky!!

Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm, you said you left WI when you were 12 and you've been with Stephanie since high school So either the "one point in time" overlapped with Stephanie's point in time, or Heather is a psychotic who can't get over a prepubescent infatuation.

It sounds by their reactions as if both Stephanie and Heather perceive a continued relationship between you and Heather. (as do I, quite frankly. Did I mention I was once a detective?) But if this isn't the case, it sounds like some air needs to be cleared between all three of you.

Perhaps, if you'd like make things work with Stephanie, you could initiate an open conversation between the three of you in which you make it clear to both of them where your interest lies.

Good luck. It sounds like you and Stephanie have been through a lot together, and you've gotten over long periods of seperation before.

If there's more to it than meets the eye though, don't insult her intelligence. It's not nice, it's not honest, and she seems too sharp for that.

Of course, I'm speaking of her in the third person as if she doesn't post here.... Sorry Stephanie.

Anonymous said...

S'all good Jesse's Girl & you would be correct. The former is true (I know this rather personally) & I suspect the latter carries some truth as well.

Awhile ago would be less than 2mos. ago if that clears things up ;-)

Anonymous said...

So, let me get this straight. Maverick is quite happy to tell any stranger who wants to read this how Stephanie forgot to open *his* cc statements and hence screwed him by not telling him his unemployment insurance ran out three months ago, glossing over the fact that cc statements come every month and any responsible grown up would have been looking after his own stuff to begin with forget about going over three months without glancing at one of your own statements. So, our man Maverick here is happy to shine the light on that ugly little cockroach, but he completely neglects to mention, as he’s bemoaning his fate with Stephanie, that he cheated on her. What’s more, under direct questioning, he chose his words carefully enough to be misleading, further perpetuating the lie of omission. Not very nice to Stephanie Maverick.

Unless she’s you accountant, there’s no reason she should be responsible for your financial well being while you’re across the country sticking it to another woman.

It would seem you have reason to be worried here guy. And you thought discussing the situation with Stephanie before you moved in with a woman is supposed to give you the blessed go-ahead? Get a clue dude, it doesn’t take a psychic to figure out that if you ask a woman, “Hey honey, is it ok if I live with\schtupp another woman?” She may seem like it’s ok cause it would be degrading to argue with or hold on to a guy who wants to be with someone else but here’s a news flash IT’S NOT OK! Not any time, not for anyone. Don’t you know a test when you see one fool?

And you perpetuate the insult by pretending Stephanie is just being jealous as you talk about how devoted you are to her. If she’s half as wonderful as you say, she deserves far better.

My God Man! You have an interesting way with the truth. Were you even really under fire when you were in the military? Or was that just during basic training you were talking about? I normally wouldn’t question a soldiers word about his terrible experiences, but for you, I’ll make an exception.

Bung sucker.