Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Race Is On!

.............It is Maveric in the inside lane, ........... Father Time is making his move to the outside, ... there head to head through turn number 3 as they head for the backstretch!

Well that is what it feels like anyway. I have 3 days to get a ton of time sensitive stuff done. It turns out in order for me to get this "retaining grant" that I need to transfer my GI Veteran status from Cali to Wisconsin before I can apply. And needless to say, as with everything dealing with the government it is a major hassle. The office of veteran affairs needs me to prove residency with a tax return. Well I don't have a full year tax return except for my 2004 taxes which I haven't filed yet. So have to do that before I go to Cali on Tuesday.

This seems stupid to me, I don't know why I can't just get a letter from my
apartment complex showing I have been living here for a year and half and
show my WI drivers license and be done with it. That to me is better
proof of residency that a tax return. But as with most things dealing
with the government is always back ass-wards.


So today I have to try and get my taxes filed, then get my VA status registered, then take the grant paperwork to the Fox Valley Tech College for them to fill in proof that I am enrolled in a class, and get them to send it off to the office in Madison, WI for approval. Lots of running around to be done between now and Tuesday, so I am in frantic gear. But if it all works out it will be worth it.

On the blog front.......... Things are still ... interesting. The email-to-post feature is still not working, and lately I have to republish the blog a few times before it takes after any posts or changes. I will email support with the error I am getting. You might also notice that I have added a few thing for your visiting pleasure. In the sidebar there is now a "Joke of the Day" link button, as well as "Today in History" section. I hope you enjoy them. And if there is ever anything you would like to see, let me know.

No comments: