Saturday, April 02, 2005

Here comes the IRS Man

Well today I tried to get my taxes done. Wow, what a mess. Being self-employed is not all it is cracked up to be when it comes to tax time. Why do I have to pay for Social Security if while self employed it doesn't even count toward work credit for it? In addition to the $287 filing fee, I am still going to owe about $800 to Uncle Sam for allowing me to enjoy my near poverty existence. But I have found some additional deductions, both federal and state. The biggest one being since I run my business out of my apartment I get to take a tax credit from the state. But I have to get a form filled out by my apartment manager. But it will give me some money back that will go toward paying my federal taxes. Sort of a Win-Lose deal. But I can't get that done till Monday. So Monday will be a busy, busy day to get my taxes done, as well as everything else I need to do for the "Re-Training" Grant. So much to do so little time to do it all in as I will have no time on Tuesday before my flight.

But I am really excited about the trip back home. Seems like forever since I have been there, it will be really good to see my sweetheart and my folks. My new career choice (well not that I have a whole lot of choice but....) will keep me away for long periods of time. Hopefully, I will be able to move back to Cali in September when my apartment lease expires. It would sure be nice to be able to see Steph more than I have been able to since moving out here to WI, even if it is only for a few days every month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One would think you would be used to long periods spent apart by now........adaptability is a good thing ya know :-P