Thursday, April 21, 2005

You Have To Laugh At Life

Wow, it has been so long since I was able to make a post I was starting to have the DT's! So I will try to get all my faithful readers up-to-date. But I hope your sitting down cause not much of the news is good news.

Where to start...... Ahhh Me and my "wife", that a good painful confusing place to start. In the last week I have brought myself to sit down with Steph and have aour talk all about us and where things stand. And not too much to my surprise, things have not gone as well as I had hoped. I still don't really have any clue if we are ever going to get back together, but my gut instinct tells me, in spite of the last 2 weeks worth of marathon sex, that I have been relegated to the position of a warm body when needed, and while I am gone she is going to be pursuing another person who she spends much time talking to, probaly for the same thing. So this does not bode well for our future together. I will have to take the wait and see approach, and just be ready to make the possibly inevitable move that I hoped I wouldn't have to make.

I was supposed to leave CA and return to WI on the 19th, unfortunately Murphy's Law intervened. While driving down to my parents house to return their car and get a ride to the airport, their car threw the drive belt in the middle of BFE (Bum Fu$& Egypt). I was able to get the car to a little Ford Dealership that was nearby but they couldn't get the new belt I needed till the next day. And as I was 2 1/2 hours away there was no way to make my flight. So now I I have to buy a new ticket (traveler note: While it seems expensive to pay the $30 for the change flight insurance, it is worth it, trust me). Ofcourse I also had to get a rental car to get home or spend the night in my car. And of course the only car that I could get was a $60/day van. The belt that broke on the car cost me $20, the dealership threw in the labor cause of their supply problems which I thought was really nice of them to do. Vasser Ford in Calistoga CA is a good shop in my book. They really went out of their way to help me, even considering that my parents car is a Nissan Altima and not even a car that the dealership supports. So I give them high marks. So far this $20 part has cost me $80 for the rental car, 1 missed flight (that will cost me anywhere from $146 - $178) and enough aggravation to last a lifetime, but that is the way travel goes sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Stephanie is just following your lead. It also sounds like She aleady made "the inevitable move."

Anonymous said...

Jesse's girl, while it is tempting to do so (oh soo tempting), I figure what is the harm in one FINAL chance? If things work out this time, cool. If not, then it was never meant to be & pulling the plug was the wisest thing I ever did.

While a part of me wonders "what the hell is so different this time as opposed to all the other times I gave him another chance", a part of me wants to believe that this time will be different (just like all the other times......oh the irony).

We shall see how things play out, but regardless, this is the absolute LAST time.

There is a fine line between hope and futility, time will tell if I crossed it.