Sunday, June 19, 2005

Technology Can Be Such A Pain

Friday was a pretty slow day for me. However, while it was a slow day it was also an interesting one as we were assigned a 53 foot trailer! Now I know many of you are thinking, "Big deal, it is only 5 feet longer, big deal at this point". Not so my friends. 5 feet is eternity when your making a turn and waiting for that EXTRA 5 feet to clear a center divider. It takes a little bit more finesses to maneuver around with a 53' trailer. Right now we are a little hampered with what routes we are allowed to drive because of construction, so there is not much in the way of real city driving routes. Most of the 3 routes that we can drive are mostly highway driving. I hope that some of the other routes are able to be opened soon so I can get some practice driving this 53' in those downtown city conditions. But I really fell like I have a handle on what I am doing.

Saturday I went to the Brown County Fairgrounds for the truck show. I was a little disappointed at the small size of the show. There were only a handful of vendors and companies there. There were about 30 trucks on display, and while many of them looked very nice, there were about 10 or so that REALLY stood out! Totally chromed out to the limit, some with hardwood floors! Pretty neat and very impressive.

This weekend I have also been working on getting my computer up and running. I am still running into the same type of problems that plagued me earlier. After some testing it appears that my power supply is just not doing its job, so I have been forced to order a new one to eliminate that as a possible cause. The bad thing is that this purchase uses up all of my available budget for "MISC" things. So I really hope this solves the problem and gets my PC working right. As of right now I am transferring a backup copy of my data off-site to Stephanie's computer just in case something goes terribly wrong with mine. It will take most of today to transfer the nearly 20GB of data from my PC to hers, but until I get the new power supply my testing capabilities are pretty limited. I just can't risk corruption of my data, so the off site backup will have to be completed first before I can continue testing.

No comments: