Friday, June 24, 2005

And The World Keeps Turning

Well folks I am finally back up running. My new power supply and monitor came in today. Things seem to be much more stable and working correctly so far *knock on wood*. I just want to thank Stephanie for helping me get the parts ordered as well as helping me attempt to keep my blog updated as best as possible.

So lets cover a few events from the past few days real quick here. Thursday was a simply crappy day. I was paired up with a phase 2 student which was a bad idea in my mind. We both got a run in in the morning but because of how bad the seat in the truck became we finally had to get something done about it. My instructor asked me to drop it off at the maintenance bay for repairs that should take 30 mins. So at about 11:00 am I put my truck in the schools mechanic shop and went to lunch. This is when I found out that getting paired up with a phase 2 was not a good position as he had classroom all afternoon. This left me without a driving partner. The phase 4 students graduated on Thursday to boot so there was NOBODY to be found to be a co-rider. At about 1:00pm I checked on the status of my truck only to find out that they would not be able to even start fixing it till 3:00pm!!! So I talked to my instructor and gave him the info and requested another truck to drive. He assigned me another truck. So I went back to my "old" truck to get my mechanic's gloves out of it that I use to do my pre-trips with, only to find them gone. Some asshole dirtbag mechanic stole them out of my truck. I reported it to the instructor for the shop as well as my instructor. The shop instructor really didn't seem to give a crap, and my instructor was pretty pissed about it, but not nearly as pissed as I am.

I gave the instructor of the shop till 2:00pm Friday to recover my property from his thieving students. After Friday, I pity the SOB that I catch with them. It is not about the money aspect, they only cost about $35. But it is MY $35. I won't tolerate a thief. If I find someone with my gloves, there getting fucked up something serious.

Friday, I still didn't get my gloves returned, so the fools in the maintenance shop better hide come Monday cause I will be going looking for them.

Aside from that it was a good day. We get to participate in a train-the-trainer program. Basically, companies send their driver-trainers to FVTC to learn how to train and evaluate their new drivers. Well to practice what they learned, they got to evaluate us today, and we in turn evaluate them. The cool thing about this deal is that we got a totally different and new route to drive. My route took about 2 hrs and was 71 miles long. Awesome!!! There were some really good challenges in this route, some tight turns, heavy traffic, construction, overpasses, etc. It was a refreshing break from the 3 routes were currently have to work with. I wish we could drive that route all the time. It was definitely only for those of us who are a little bit ahead skills-wise than some of the others as it was quite challenging. But all of us involved in it loved every minute of it.

Before I go, I just want to thank everyone for your patience this past week. I received a few emails from some of the regulars wondering where the posts were. It was really hard to dictate a post to Stephanie over the phone and have her type it out. She did a great job, I thank her for taking the time out of her day to help me out with that.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mav, you da'amn dude. Naw, but anyways sounds like your definately enjoying and putting your heart into the school and driving. I'm keeping an eye on you, cause your putting some good info on your blog. Keep up the good work, btw hope Stephanie is charging ya *lol*. -scott