Tuesday, March 29, 2005

When it Rains it Pours

Keep checking this post today as I will be editing it. Blogger lost my post earlier today much to my annoyance after I spent and hour writing it. So I will be writing a little at a time, uploading it, adding a little, uploading....... you get the idea.

5:30PM Even trying to write a little and post, write a little and post is just too damn aggravating when I lose the work I just wrote. So I have decided to write this in notepad and will copy and paste it into a new post till the server posts it. I understand that things happen, equipment breaks and needs repair, but would it be too much to ask that they just disable the ability to even post while they fix the problem?
I already sent a nasty-gram email to support about it. But I don't think anyone actually reads their email other than the auto-reply server. Customer service, some folks get it others still don't have a clue.

Earlier today I tried to use this blog's email-to-post feature, one the main reasons I choose this service. Supposedly I am able to add posts to my blog by sending it via email to a special email address. This will allow me to keep my blog updated via cell phone, or email when I don't have internet access as I don't have a laptop. However, if I can't get that feature to work correctly, or if this service can't fix their server issues my blog will have to find a new home. But don't worry I will keep everyone informed!!

Last night I called my wife (well I refer to Stephanie as my wife even though we are not married, not sure if we ever will be either. But I call her my wife because we have been together on and off for 12 years. We were engaged for 3 years and recently decided to call that off due to the problems we are going through. But even with all that I still call her my wife. After all she is far more than a girlfriend, but were no long engaged so she is not my fiancé' anymore, so what do you call it? Wife is just easier and more fitting in my mind.)and told her the news about the Aflac job and my plan to go into truck driving and she was very supportive. (I am sure you will catch her comments from time to time in the comment sections of some of my posts. I am sure they will be good for a laugh.) We also made the arrangements and such for me to fly out to Cali for 2 weeks. I got a good deal on the tickets $232 bucks round trip with only 1 week advance. It will be good to go back to Cali for a visit as I haven't been there in nearly a year and a half. So I am looking forward to the trip.

Well as the Title says "When it Rains, it Pours!" and boy is that ever true.
First all the server problems with Blogger, then with Capitol One my credit card company, the phone company, and technology in general. Allow me to explain.
The whole deal with Blogger I have already told you about so I wasn't rehash that, besides it would just make me go bald from pulling my hair out.

So on about Capitol One. I had 2 credit cards through them, had being the key word until about a month or so ago. They both ended up in collections in part do to my erratic employment and a little scam called credit card insurance. This is an important thing I feel I should you all about, because it is just a scam. When I got my 2 credit cards from Capitol One I purchased the unemployment insurance on both them. considering that the telecom industry was becoming unstable 4 years ago I thought it would be a wise investment should I ever lose my job. The idea is that you pay $5 per month and if you ever become unemployed you activate the insurance and they will make your minimum monthly payment till you get a new job. But that is where what they tell you and what they actually do become 2 different things. You see how it really works is like this. When you call to activate your insurance (and you have to show proof that your unemployed BTW) they add up all the money you have paid in to the insurance (all those $5 a month payments they charged to your CC). Then they divide that amount by 12, ohh yes they didn't tell you did they, they only make payments for 12 months (no matter what). Whatever the about is that is all they pay, regardless of what your minimum payment due each month is. So if you have been paying your insurance for say 3 years you would have $180, ow divide that by 12 you get $15. That is all they are going to pay per month, $15. So if your minimum payment each month is say $25 your just SOL! And of course the credit card company knows this so after each sub-minimum payment received they hit you with a fee, and of course your balance goes up by that $10 the insurance didn't pay plus the fee from the credit card company of $30. And god forget if your over the limit or if the fees push you over the limit, then on top of everything else they hit you with that $35-$60 per month fee!
Bottom Line DON'T Pay For Their Insurance, It Is a SCAM!!

So what else is new....ahh yes, I called Schneider today to check the status of my application that I filled out on the internet last Sunday. Well they didn't have it so I had to reapply, I called back a little while ago, just to find out that because I had a At-Fault, Unavoidable accident back in 2002 I do not meet the minimum pre-requisites for Schneider! Damn, I guess they are not quite the company I thought they were. Maybe it is a good thing that they didn't accept me, I would hate to get the boot cause some moron hit my truck and then have to pay them all that money back for school ($3500). After all the whole determination as to fault is made by a cop with no clue what really happened. Maybe if the jerk in front of me had some brake lights I would have been able to stop in time. Ohhh well, I guess I will just have to either find a new company to go through or sign up for Fox Valley Tech and hope I can work out the payments. Time to do more research, but in the mean time I will apply with Stevens Transport. They offer CDL School, only thing about them is they are a refer hauler (refrigerated trailers usually for the food industry) company. We will just have to see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been together off & on since June 1993.
Ermmm....actually we were engaged for 5yrs. 2mos. & 17 days, but who's counting...............
Yes, I have an excellent memory for dates :-P