Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Another Exercise in Stupidity

Well as I stated earlier, I called Fox Valley Tech to inquire about different financing options for their Semi Truck program. OMG! Can they make things any more difficult! What a totally ridiculous system. I was informed that I could apply for financial aid (Government loan) to help cover things till my GI Bill paid me. Sounds good, so what do I need to do I ask? Simple, ASAP apply to college, pay the $30 application fee, and sign up for financial aid. And all this can be done ONLINE. GREAT!! Yup, great, IF it actually worked that way.

Now I don't know who designed their half baked website, but they need real world instruction on COMMON SENSE! Now having never applied to Fox Valley Tech before I used their help system to guide me through the application process. Sounds simple right? WRONG! It would have been but it was developed by someone who would never have to use the system. Now if I gave you a link that says "Register and Enroll for 2005 classes" you would think that this would be the right place to start, wouldn't you? I mean it walks you through setting up a new student ID, selection of your classes, the whole bit. But........... wrong again. This whole process apparently does not register you as a new student. Apparently there is an entirely different process to "Register". But now that I have "Enrolled" and have a new student ID number, now I can no longer "Register" online. Who came up with this crap? Where is my "Stupid Stick"? I need to beat someone! So now I have to go to the school just to "Register".

Ohhh yes, let me not forget to mention the Financial Aid Fiasco! You have to sign up and get this federal pin number before you can apply for financial aid. No problem, I already have one. I applied for that a long time ago when I was looking at some classes in Cali. All I needed to do was to change my address and I should be good to go, right? WRONG! Once you change your address you have to wait 3-4 DAYS for a email confirmation to get your pin number. Shoot me NOW please! So now I have to wait on this "special" email to get my pin number. How stupid can things possibly get! By the time someone learns how to use a computer and sends my damn pin number so I can apply for financial aid, not to mention it takes them 3-4 weeks to read a piece of paper and say "Yes, you qualify", and I go to the college to "Register" I am sure hell will have frozen over by then.

What is so darn difficult about this process? Why all the hoops and for what purpose?!?
Just another exercise in stupidity.

How about, Student: "I want to go to school here". Admissions Lady: "Ok, fill out this form, give me $30 and tell me what class you want to take". Student: "Here is my $30, I want to take this class". Admissions Lady: "Ok, class starts on May 2nd in room 324 in building 4 at 8:00am. Here is a map of the campus. Any questions?". Student: "Nope, thanks".

See, what is so bloody difficult about that?

No comments: