Monday, March 28, 2005

Well the verdict is in!

Well I got done checking out my computer, reduced the overclock some, and cleaned and reapplied the thermal paste on the heatsink. It will take the Artic Silver Ce'ramique at least a day to phase change but the temps are still much higher than they should be running 19C over case temp. Looks like I will need a new cooling solution for my CPU.

beep..beep, ....beep, We interrupt your bloging to bring you a special bulletin!!!

Aflac just called!!!! Well it turns out that upper management axed the position entirely according to my interviewer. Now whether or not that is really the case or not, who knows but I have no reason not to believe him.
So it is full steam ahead for operation Truck Driver! In a way I am relieved. I think my heart was trying to tell me to go this route anyway. So now I need to make some plans. I am going to fly out to CA for a week or so and then return to start my new career.

I also talked to Fox Valley Tech today and got some details on their pricing and payment options, unfortunately according to my budget things will get REALLY tight if I use them as I can't start till May 2. But I have been a bit of a regular over at Class A Drivers forum, lots of good folks over there and very helpful. After considering the many options the overall most recommended company run school is Schneider's trucking school. I talked to them as you will recall over the weekend. They say that they provide 1 to 1 student/instructor training (although I think the reality is going to be 2 to 1 most likely) and that is good. Better than 99% of the others. They also have classes that start every week on Monday, another good thing as that means I should be able to get in and start much sooner than I would with Fox Valley Tech. And from what many people have told me Schneider's school is a very good program. So that is what I am going to do!

Now by going through a company sponsored program I have to sign a 1 year employment contract, not something I am thrilled about, but most people are pleased with the company and their treatment of their drivers. And of course the fact that the school is right here in my backyard is a good thing too.

Now lets just hope Stephanie is as "thrilled" about my new career choice as I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thrilled and my name should never be in the same sentence together ;-)
As for you becoming a truck driver, if you enjoy it and it pays your bills, it's all good with me :-)
Who knows, you may really enjoy it and in the end, that's all that really matters :-D