Monday, March 28, 2005

Frustration............

Ther is nothing more in this life for frustrating than trying to get something done or contact people and not being able to. I have been talking with Aflac for over a month now, interviewing discussing and negociating the details and terms of the position I applied for. After Aflac flew me from Green Bay, WI to Columbus, GA (well Atlanta really) and even put me up in a nice hotel for the night I assumed I was on the "shot list" of prospective candidates for the job. After my follow call and email to my interview (a.k.a. my new boss should I get the position) I was told that a decision would be made in 3-4 days. That was 9 days ago, so I am not getting the fuzzy feeling about being hired. But sometimes things just take time, So last Friday I sent off an email asking for a quick update; just to make sure I was not sitting on my hands even though they had already choosen someone else for the position, as I once waited a month with no reply only to get the bad news.

Now I know that my interviewer has received my email as I had reciept notiification on it, and you can't even read the email untill you accept it. But did I get ANY reply, nope. Not even a "Hey were still thinking on it" or "Just keep your pants on", so I waited. Today I decided that I would call and talk to my interveiwer and see if I could get an answer. Voicemail!, Uhhg........ But, I left my number and asked for a return call.
Well it has been 5 hrs since I left the voicemail and no calls, no emails, nothing. So that just means it requires a bit more persitance on my part. So I call again, and again no answer just voice mail.

Now I know what your thinking, "Damn dude be patient!" And maybe your right, but as they say "Time waits for no man!" Or women for that matter. I mean really, how long can it take to type a 20 word email saying "Were still working on it"? Well if I don't hear from them today I will give it one more.

Inaddition to this frustration, it seems that Blogger has been having some issues. Have been getting random server error messages all day. And if that wasn't enough, my computer keeps trying to overheat on me today. Not sure why, I just cleaned all the dust bunnies out 3 days ago, so I am thinking that my fan that cools my heatsink/cpu might not be running at the proper speed. Right now it is at 53C and is programed to shutdown at 55C. After this post I will go into the bios and reduce my overclock some to help till I get a better handle on the heat issue.

No comments: