Monday, March 28, 2005

Just Another Day In Paradise

Well it is only 10:00am and lots of things have been going on. I decided to share it now so I don't forget to later.

Well My roommate Heathers daughter came back from her fathers house last night.

Heather and Robert (her soon to be ex-husband) currently have an arrangement with visitation for their daughter Gretchen who is 3. Gretchen spends half the week with her dad an the other half of the week here with Heather

Gretchen is once again sick, we thought it was just a cold but she got sick all over the carpet in the hallway at 2:00am. Now, I don't know about the rest of you but smell of someone else's throw-up just turns my stomach and makes me start feeling ill and nauseous. Thankfully Heather got up took care of the problem as my stomach was just churning at the thought. Mothers must have super human abilities to deal with these things cause it didn't seem to bother her in the least other than being a bit cranky at having to get up.

I got up this morning and enjoyed my ususal breakfast, a cigarette and a Mt. Dew (drink of the gods) and checked my email. I had a nice surprise! A truck driver who is an Owner Operator (means he owns his own truck and hauls freight for other companies) sent me a nice email in response to one I sent him regarding his website that details the daily life of a real working truck driver. Even has a dash cam setup in his truck that is really cool. He goes by Crocodile, and is a very nice person. I have added a link to his website at http://www.angelandcroc.com/ stop by there and check it out! Lots of good info and interesting stuff there even if your not really that big on trucking. If I go in the trucking industry myself I hope I get the chance to meet him sometime.

For those of you following this blog you will have noticed that I am making progress on site design and layout. I am starting to get a better handle on CSS and how it works. Some friends at OSNN gave me good help on fixing things. OSNN is such a great community of computer folks I. I don't think there is a computer problem that the collective can't address.

Well I have to get busy here and start making some phone calls. Time to find out if Aflac is going to hire me or not! But have no fear I will keep you posted.

No comments: