Thursday, March 31, 2005

One Small Step for Man, One Crushing Blow of the Financial Kind

Well today I got a few things done. First, I went to Fox Valley Tech and "Applied" to the school, as well as got "Registered" for the truck driving course and "Enrolled" in the truck driving course. I also got my financial aid straighten out and applied for, as I received the email with my magic pin number this morning. I guess I got lucky and there was a person there who knew how to use a computer. YEA!

Well, those were the small steps, however it has had a crushing blow on my finances. $30 for the application fee, and the $516.40 for the course. Ouch! But the pain didn't end there, my roommate, Heather, informed me after I got down with all that, that she is not going to be able to pay ANY part of her half of the rent this month. (Although she did get a job today, so that is good news, granted it doesn't help the here and now) This is just GREAT! So now I get to foot the $650 rent bill on my own, and my car payment another $630. This is turning into a surrealistic nightmare!! And my budget is not holding up to this abuse very well. So, I am going to have start crunching some numbers and see just how royally screwed I am. What I wouldn't give to be 17 again! No responsibilities, no debts, and all the money I make goes into my pocket.

Ahh, those were the days........

In other news, Terri Schiavo finally died. Thank god, let the poor woman rest in peace! It was bad enough for her to be severely brain damaged, but all the legal battles that her family was fighting to prolong her suffering was just ridiculous. Where is Dr.Kevorkian when you need him. I assure you this, if I am ever in that situation, PULL THE PLUG!!! And if that don't work , help me on my way!

On the blog site side of things, it looks like the email-to-post feature is hit or miss and very un-reliable. I did find where I wrote down the time of that email yesterday and it took 12 hrs to process. However, additional test emails have come back with a failed error message. So I will forward those to support so they can take a look to try and improve the system.

Are you all ready for the dreaded TAX SEASON! Mine will be very simple this year as, well, I only had one official job that I received a 1099 on. LOL, I will have to look for ALLOT of deductions if I want to see any money. They keep raising the base deduction amount each year, making it nearly impossible to use itemized deductions. This year is something like $4500! Crazy I tell you, Crazy. I am not sure why I bother to keep receipts, at this rate the base deduction will $10,000 in the next 10 years. Ohhh well, such is life I suppose.


The only things you can count on in life, is DEATH and TAXES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be more than happy to pull the plug or help send you on your way baby..........oh...you didn't mean now? Sorry, my bad.....now how is CPR supposed to go?

In other news, Death is really the only one you can't escape. Taxes can be worked around if you happen to be a little shady or expatriate to another country :-P

As for being 17 again....as you well know, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.