Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Demons That Won't Let Me Be

I woke up in the middle of the night with what felt like sword stuck in my chest, tears streaming down my face. At first I wasn't sure what was going on or where I was. But then it all came to me, it was a nightmare. One that hit just a little too close to home. It was pretty disturbing to say the least, but I know what the message was trying to remind me of. In my dream, Stephanie and I were still together I think, as she was holding our baby child (we don't have children, but I was looking forward to having one). She was saying something to me about how I didn't matter and how she didn't love me, and I called her a liar. She then said "I will prove it" and pulled out a knife and slit our child's throat and laughed.

Now while this was just a horrid dream, I know what my mind was reminding that the one person I wanted to have children with, and that hope was gone. Things like that you don't really think of in the midst of things. I am nearly 30, so my time to start a family is getting pretty slim. I hadn't thought of that with Stephanies leaving, but apparently my mind felt the urge to remind me. A memo would do just fine next time, really. So much lost, such great plans for the future destroyed all with 3 little words, "I'm Leaving You", and with it a destiny turned to dust. Like a pebble in a calm pond, the effects seem to touch everything.

Time is a precious thing, don't waste it and don't take those in it for granted. It is the one thing all the money in the world can't buy. Don't let your pride or fear make you do things that you will live to regret, because when you look back and realize all you have lost, it will be far to late to change it.

No comments: