Friday, September 30, 2005

3 Days And Counting

Well today I stopped at the local library to use their computers to make a decent post. Where I am at in Wisconsin I am unable to use my cellphones web browser to make email posts, and therefore am limited to 130 character posts via text message. As I stated in my last post, my attempt to get my Hazmat endorsement put on my license has become a fiasco, even though I was told over the phone that everything was ready 2 weeks ago! When I got out here I called the DMV and they had no info on my Hazmat, even though I explained that I talked to a Jean there and was told that everything was ready. Apparently, someone was having a little fun at my expense as there is no Jean that works at the DMV office, and the DMV has not been notified that my Hazmat endorsement has cleared. So my next phone call was to the TSA (Transportation Safety Administration), who is handling my background check and fingerprints. Once again stonewalled. They know nothing either, and have to get some manager to look at my case, as the peons apparently just get paid to look pretty, not actually do anything. Ahhh, our tax dollars at work!!!

I will be at DeBoer on Monday morning to start orientation and training. It is about a 3 hr drive from where I am at, but it beats the 9 hr greyhound bus ride I would have to take otherwise. Of course there are always things one forgets to consider, that in hindsight makes perfect sense; like a sleeping bag instead of bedding, and an electric shaver instead of razors and blades. I am sure that list will get bigger as things progress, but I am not sure just how much more stuff my very large suitcase can handle. I was told to bring enough clothing for several weeks. Not a problem. I just don't want to bring so much that it becomes a problem, know what I mean?

On the personal front of things, Stephanie and I are once again able to have a civil conversation, and I really hope that we can keep it that way. I really find it funny that in the 12 years we were together, we never fought, yet after she left me, we have fought more than in all the time we have know each other. Odd.

something else that has me a bit befuddled is a conversation that we had last night. She had asked if she could have the use of my car, as it will only be sitting and not used while I am on the road. But this sort of brings up the point, that there are advantages to people being together. You share assets that you both have. I am not sure if it is my hurt pride speaking or not, but it seems to me, why should I go out of my way and expense to provide things for her that were not very important to her before she decided to leave? Other than the increased costs of my insurance and having to keep up the maintance on my car to handle the additional driving she would be doing, what incentive is there for me to do this? Not to mention, the logistical issues of me getting back my car when I want it. Am screwed up in the head here? Or am I making sense? Let me know folks, could use some outside points of view on this one.

The 4th will be Stephanies birthday, and I am not really sure what I am going to do for it. I thought about sending flowers, but what flowers does one send to their EX? So I am thinking I will just send a card.

No comments: