Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Playing Catch Up

Well as some of you have noticed I haven't posted in the past few days. Mainly because there really wasn't much to tell. So I decided to hold off posting till I had enough to say to make a post worth while.

On Tuesday I was able to get an appointment with my local VA representative to give them more documents from my taxes to prove that I am self-employed. I just hope this does the trick as there only other option is for me to provide signed copies of my client contracts and I cannot do that. I really don't want to be sued that that many companies over the non-disclosure and privacy act agreements that I have signed to do work for these companies. The main reason for this is most of these companies don't want to have to explain to their shareholders why they need to outsource or hire outside consultants to do work that is perceived can be done in house. In addition to that, who knows how they actually characterize the expense. I personally don't care as long as their checks don't bounce.
I am going to call the main VA center in Madison, WI today to check the status and make sure they have everything they need. Otherwise it will be another 2 weeks or more till I hear anything from just to tell me they need something else, and I don't have that kind of time.

The other project I have been working on is the clean up of my poor, slightly neglected, car. I really wish I had the money to put it in a detail shop to get her cleaned up good as new, but it will be quite a while till I can splurge several hundred dollars on that. For the time being just doing it myself will have to suffice. I am pretty much done. The interior still needs some touch up, and I want to condition the leather seats again as they still seem thirsty for the nourishing moisture that I gave them yesterday. I also tried to clean up my rims, but the salt damage to the clear-coat and the exposed areas of the rims themselves looks pretty un-fixable with what I have to work with. I am going to check online and see what I can find out about repair services. While I can't afford to do it now, at least it will give me an idea of the cost involved and if it is even worth repairing them. There not super-expensive rims, but I have $1500 invested in the rims and tires so if I can save that money I will try.

The other "big" project is cleaning up the house. My roommate has been a bit lax in picking up after her daughter, so needless to say the house is trashed. since it looks like I will have the house to myself today, I might be able to get at least most of it done.

The past few days I have been having some wired problems with my computer as well. Part of it is that I need a new cooling fan for my CPU and I think my hard-drive cable it acting up or is going bad. So I talked to Stephanie to see if she could help out a bit to get those 2 items. It is not real expensive, about $40 total, but when you don't have it, you just don't have it. The other thing I had to order was new batteries for the home phones. Currently I can't talk more than about 10-35 mins on either handset before it dies. Just another dent in the ol' pocket book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could always go to your local public library and use the computers there.

It seems both cheeky and oportunistic to ask Stephanie for any money after you badmouthed her in your Blog for all the world to see and then made it seem like she was being unreasonably jealous of your roommate when actually you'd cheated on her with the woman.

If, as you say, things have been looking up with Stephanie, and you want to make things work, perhaps you should be treading lightly. It was only a few weeks ago you thought things might be well and truly over between you. It would be wise to give it some time before you possibly leave her feeling disregarded and taken advantage of. After all, you *are* still living with the woman you cheated on her with, and she *is* still a country away. Why should she do anything that would benefit two people who betrayed her?

Why are you still living with her anyway? Surely if you're trying to make ammends, it would be wiser not to live with the woman who came between you and your beloved.

Just some food for thought. Try spending more than a few weeks on steady ground before put your hand out. Wounds such as she obviously felt take much longer to heal and obviously, sometimes they never do. Most couples will never recover from adultery. Before you risk making her feeliing used, be sure you've made her feel secure and cared for. Have you been telling her every day how wonderful she is and have you done it within your "roommates" hearing? Making sure she knows where she stands with you, and making sure your roommate is also aware, is the least you can do before you start asking her for anything.