Friday, May 05, 2006

Death, and Real Friends

For some, the answer to death is the attempted creation of life. Everything held to un-choreographed balance. I guess it is because through the passing of an individual, we are forced to acknowledge our own mortality and the intrinsic desire to carry on our lineage. While I have felt the need to have a family for sometime, the death of my mom has really pushed that to a fore-front.

I had asked, and paid for, Steph to come down to CA to be with me during this time of loss as she is/was the only person I had trusted to show my emotions in front of. I was relieved and looking forward to feeling free to release my pain from my moms death. However, I think it was a mistake, I am not sure she is someone I can trust or even consider a friend to that degree.

From her actions and words, she came down to CA (all expenses paid by me - she even decided that this was a good time to get her license re-instated after getting it suspended to the tune of $85, but failed to mention that fact and helped herself to the funds I put in our joint account for her gas to come down and return) not to help and comfort her friend, but as an all expenses paid vacation to go see her "party" friends, and is happy for see me when she wants to go out to eat. Other than that, it is party time with her friends.

Well at least I know where I stand,......Alone.

No comments: