Saturday, December 03, 2005

Off Road Fury!

Had a interesting day. After delivering my load in LA, I had to pickup another load in Baton Rouge. When I left the customer I was following the signs to get on I-10 East when I ran into a weight restricted road of 7.5 tons while I was weighing in at about 38 ton and an impossible left hand turn!! WTF!! No warning, no signs, nothing. The only way to go was to back up about 1 mile on a busy 2 lane road, not an option. So I called the Louisiana State police for help, there answer (as this is a common problem according to them) was to drive over the median going behind the stop and go light pole, and continue on. So that is just what I did, gave the people sitting on their front porch a good show. Quite an adventure. Right now I am at a TA truck stop in Bloomington, IL. My load is going to Appleton, WI about 5 hours away, but it doesn't have to be there till Tuesday late afternoon. Depending on how things go, I might make a visit to Fox Valley and say HI if I have time.

On the personal side of things, dealings with Stephanie are not going very well. Apparently her little friends have convinced her that I am a psycho and that she should under no circumstances ever be alone with me, for her own safety of course. This new revelation just blows my fucking mind!! I have never raised a hand to any woman, and rarely even raised my voice to Stephanie in the 12 years we were together, but now I guess I am some kind of card carring member of the Wife Beaters Club. So now I am kinda pissed, I never got my membership card or the monthly newsletter!

No comments: