Friday, October 28, 2005

Good Day, Hard Run

Today was a better day, yet a little bit sad. I Left Joplin, MO this morning and delivered a load in Springdale, AR, then deadheaded down to Ashdown, AR near Texarkana, AR to pick up a new load going to Minnesota. In route there was a head on crash with what looked to be 2 fatalities. Sad to see things like that. This new load is pretty heavy, tipping the scales at 78000 lbs total. I have decided to go a little out of route down to a Flying J truck stop in Texarkana, AR for the night. The route I need to take is a narrow, winding and hilly road that demands full attention during the day time, much less at night with a heavy load. I didn't feel it was safe to try to run it at night so here I am, where I will leave out in the morning.

I am going to be heading back to the terminal within the week, and my training is going to try to get me upgraded to my own truck at that time. I would only have 3 days left of the 30 days training anyway. So I will have to wait to see what the company decides to do, either way I will be ready! I am looking forward to a little time off.

On the personal side of things, Stephanie seems to like her new place in Washington. Her and her mom bought 3 horses, yes I said horses, and is having allot of fun with that. While I am happy for her, I still miss her dearly. She doesn't realise it but she is doing all the things I was working on doing before all this started. I sorta feel cheated, my suprise stolen. I guess I should be used to that by now, but it still feels like a kick in the groin.

Some site news, I have been working to get rid of some of the pop-us that Bravenet uses, if my aggravation with them was any indication, I am sorry I have put my views through it. So, things should be pop-up free for the most part, if not send me an email and I will work some more on it. Sorry for that folks!

No comments: