Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Repairs Day 2

I spent the night in a motel as I had to wait on parts for my broken windshield wiper arm to come. But today my parts still did not arrive much to my disappointment. To compound things further, I had to wait 3 fucking hours for the dealership to send someone to pick me up from the motel!!! After 5 calls to them they finally got the hint that I was pissed off, and a mechanic came and got me. So tonight I am going to stay with my truck to keep my foot up their asses tomorrow to get my truck fixed. 2 full days of downtime does not sit well with me, it is going to really hurt my first check even though my first run was 966 miles. I really wanted a solid 2500-3500 mile first week solo, but that is not going to happen now.

I am using an internet kiosk at a TA truckstop as I type, $.20 a min, not too bad.

Lastnight Stephanie and I had a great conversation, what I hope will be the first of many more like it.

Things were a bit crazy with my first solo run. I didn't even have qualcom directions to my customer! The run went pretty good, but had to deal with some very high winds, that turned out to be the result of the tornado that hit Indiana! I went in to my customer late the night before, easier to maneuver without psycho 4-wheels running everywhere. And while the docking space I had to work with was very tight, I did very well getting into the tight docks and was very pleased with my performance. The credit goes to Fox Valley Tech's training, and the training from Randy my deBoer trainer. I really feel lucky to have gotten such a good, patient trainer as I did. I think it really made a difference.

Well I need to get back to the repair shop, see you tomorrow!

No comments: