Wednesday, January 04, 2006

R & R If I Want It Or Not

I got to Lodi, CA about 4pm today and had to fight for a parking spot. To my dismay the earliest delivery appointment I could get was for the 5th at 8am. So with all this time on my hands I called my folks who only live 30 mins away. They came out to the truck stop, we had a nice dinner. They gave me an early birthday present too, an electric cooler that can also heat things as well upto 130 degrees! It is a little on the small side but with the limited amount of room in my truck it will work out great. Now I will be able to make some sandwitches to take on the road with me instead of spending so much money on the road for dinners. I hope I will be able to cut my food expenses by as much as 1/3rd (about $66 a week)!

This run was a little trying as I played hop-scotch with the mountain passes and the snowy weather, but I made decent time. I decided to go spend the night at my parents house tonight and will go back to my truck tomorrow afternoon. Even though I have only been out a little over a week, it is always nice to get away from the truck even if only for a night. My sister has the day off of work tomorrow as well so it will be nice to spend some time with her, as we rarely get a chance to.

Things with Stephanie and I really haven't changed much, unfortunately. Contact is pretty much nill with the exception of a quick text message here and there, but she told me she fried the battery on her phone. I don't no anymore, I think about her all the time, and I still miss her dearly. A simple text message from her makes me all goofy like a school kid with a bad crush. But as hard as I try, I seem unable to stop it. So as the saying goes, if you can't change it, roll with it and hope for the best.

No comments: